Monday, March 4, 2013

9 Months


Henry turned 9 months old on the 1st of March. It's hard to believe he's getting so close to his first birthday.

He has changed so much in the last month! He's starting to scoot around (army crawling) and clapping all the time. He loves to stand up and is starting to walk along the edge of furniture. He still hasn't figured out how to pull himself up though, so he whines for help until we lift him up. He has six teeth (four top, two bottom), and his hair is starting to fill in. The bald patch on the back of his head is completely gone. He's eating a lot of different baby foods, and we've started grinding up our food and offering it to him. He had taco meat and lentils last night. Henry is still the happiest baby I've ever known. He laughs and smiles all the time. He loves to be tickled, and LOVES his daddy. He's sleeping really well, and is just generally an easy kiddo. Jon and I know how lucky we've been.

Henry is still breastfeeding, although his nursing sessions are getting shorter and shorter. He's nursing pretty regularly throughout the day, but I have a feeling he's going to be weaning himself sooner rather than later. He used to nurse anywhere from 10-20 minutes per side, and now he's down to 2-5 minutes a side on a good day. I'm trying not to cry about it and just enjoy however much time I have left to breastfeed him.

I still have plenty of baby weight left to lose (about 10 lbs), but I'm just trying to take it slow and enjoy the time I have with Henry. I know we'll be plenty active this summer and once I stop breastfeeding, I'll be able to restrict my calories a bit more to help lose the last few pounds. I can comfortably wear jeans again, so I'm happy enough for now.

Jon and I are taking a nice long vacation in June to visit with both sides of the family - Seaside with Jon's side and Sisters with mine. I can't wait for the beautiful weather and free babysitting :)

I'm sure I'll be back soon enough with new updates. Henry is growing so much every day and I am so blessed to be his mama.

K




No comments: