Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pregnancy Weight Gain (& Loss)

Confession time... I gained 59 lbs while I was pregnant with Henry.

My midwife encouraged me not to worry about it - and to try and remember that it was taking me 9 months to gain that weight, so it was reasonable to assume it will take me 9 months to lose it.

It's been 9 weeks and I'm down 39 lbs. I still have 20 lbs to go before I'm back to my pre-Henry weight. As frustrating as it has been to be stuck in yoga pants the last 9 weeks, I've been amazed at the transformation my body has made so quickly. 9 weeks ago I could barely sit up in bed or walk to the bathroom without help, 6 weeks ago I could barely walk a mile without pain and now I'm back at the gym and able to work out at a good pace! I'm starting to feel comfortable in my own skin and really, that's all I can ask for at this point. I know the weight will continue to come off, and one day my clothes will fit again :)

In the meantime, yoga pants and dresses it is!

No comments: