Thursday, June 14, 2012

Week 40

Today is Henry's due date - and he is already 13 days old.

His bilirubin levels were down to 10.9 on Monday, so we were able to get him off lights. His check up yesterday had his levels at 10.1, so they are coming down slowly. We're supplementing breast milk with formula to try and help clear out his system and to keep him well hydrated.

As I write, I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office. We finally decided to circumcise our baby - and we're doing the procedure today. I'm nervous, but hopefully everything will go well and he will heal like a champ.

Sleep is more or less non-existent. We have a strict feeding schedule (because of the jaundice) so I usually only have an hour to an hour and a half in between feedings. So far, the longest stretch of sleep I've had is two hours. Once we get the ok to stop the crazy feeding schedule, we will be able to let Henry sleep at night without waking him up to eat.

I'm so thankful that Jon was able to take two weeks off work to help out. There is no way I could do this on my own. Overall, we're figuring things out and enjoying cuddling our little baby. I'm on my own starting next week, so send good thoughts my way!

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Do we get to hear the rest of your birth story? Or was there only a part 1? Let me know if you want to come over and go on a walk with us. We go out everyday, so just let me know. Hope you and Henry are doing good! Praying for continued recovery for you, it definitely makes taking care of Henry a lot easier when you feel better.