Thursday, January 5, 2012

17 Weeks

I'm 17 weeks along today. I forgot to take a picture this morning - hopefully I'll remember later today.

So for an update on how things are going...

My nausea is finally starting to subside. I'm still throwing up 2-3 mornings a week, but I'll take that over 2-3 times a day. 

As of my last doctor's appointment, I've gained a total of 7 pounds, which is more or less right on schedule. I feel like I've gained 30, and scared of what 30 extra pounds will actually feel like.

I'm definitely tired and sleeping has been a challenge. My hips and lower back are hurting every night, and since I can't sleep on my stomach or side, my sleeping options have been pretty limited. I might try out our various guest beds over the next few nights to see if there is a better mattress in our house. I can't take the hip pain for another 23 weeks!

Jon and I are finding out the sex of our baby in less than two weeks. The 18th of January is when our ultrasound is scheduled - so I'm pretty excited. Once we know the sex, we'll get to choose a name, register, start on our nursery, etc. The baby items we got at Christmas were the first baby things we've brought into our house, we haven't even cleaned out the room we will be using as a nursery, and our name discussions have been non-existent (well, that's not entirely true. We have middle names picked out). I think we've both been stalling because we didn't want to make any decisions without knowing our baby's gender. So needless to say, I'm really looking forward to knowing.

Kristin

No comments: