Sunday, November 4, 2012

5 Months

Henry is 5 months old. Time is just flying by... I wish someone would have told me how quickly babies grow up! Henry is already too busy to want to cuddle with his mama. He wants to play, stand, look around, talk, and chew on his toes. And if his daddy is in the room, he wants to see everything Jon is doing. I have a feeling Henry is going to be a daddy's boy. He just likes me right now because he knows where his meals come from.

I'm still breastfeeding, which is going well enough. I just bought a manual (hand) pump and wish I'd had it all along - I like it so much better than the electric pump and its so much faster and less painful.

Henry eats between 5 and 6 times a day, usually getting about 4 ounces a feeding. He has started eating solids as well. So far he's tried rice cereal, apples, sweet potatoes, and prunes. He loves the apples and prunes, and hates the sweet potatoes. Perhaps he has my sweet tooth?

Sleeping has been going really well. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how lucky we are to have a baby who sleeps 12 hours at night.

We love being parents and are so grateful to have been blessed with such a happy and healthy baby.

No comments: