Saturday, June 18, 2011

Adieu

Welp... this is it.

Jon and I are giving our cats up today. We found a really sweet couple to adopt them, and in less than an hour we'll be driving Nox and Roscoe to their new home.

After several years of frequently getting sick, I finally got my allergies tested. As it turns out, I'm severely allergic to cats (and dogs and pollen and mold). Removing the cats from our home is the best way for me to keep my symptoms under control, and honestly, its just not worth being sick for the next 14 years so I can keep cute kitties around.

It's a little bittersweet, but I know we made the right decision to give them away. It is a little weird knowing that we'll never have animals in our home again (besides maybe a fish), but I'm happy with our decision. Just a little sad to see our adorable cats go.

Now I'll only have Jon to cuddle with while watching TV or reading a book.    

No comments: